Weight loss is a journey that can often times be hard to navigate. There is so much information out there that it is hard to separate fact from fiction. And, while one strategy works for one person, it may not work for you. Everyone’s body is different!
Here are 15 surprising fat loss tips to add to your Rolodex. WOW! I just dated myself! – I mean, add them to your Dropbox, your icloud, your favorite webpage.
Let’s get started….
- B12 + MIC. What is it? B12 is a vitamin that has been shown to help increase your energy levels. When combined with MIC (Methionine, Inositol, and Choline), a fat burner, you will have more energy and burn more fat! Easy! The Boost Bar at Aura Body has this for you as a fast 15 minute (or less) intramuscular injection that will stay in your system for 5-7 days.
- Eat less than you consume to create a deficit. Start with a 500-calorie deficit, and watch the pounds fly off.
- Lower your sugar intake. We all know this, but now it’s time to put it to action. Sugar increases the risk of obesity, diabetes, and heart disease. Sugar also affects your immune system and can accelerate aging.
- Find a good fitness app and keep track of your calories. I use “MyPlate” and it keeps me honest. I like it for several reasons, but if I don’t track something, it politely reminds me to track my meals. My pro tip is to plan out your meals in advance the day before. If you know you are going to be eating out, make a plan so you can stick to your goals.
- Did you know 1 pound of fat is the equivalent of a regular can of food? So, if you’ve “only lost 5 pounds” be proud! Stack up 5 cans of food and take a long look at it. Be proud!
- Yoga has been shown to be more effective than resistance training. Find a class, join a group, and start putting on lean muscle. Yoga is also great for stress relief and relaxation.
- Increase your copper intake. Copper has been shown to help metabolize fat. Mushrooms and cashews are a great source of copper.
- Eat little and often. Smaller portions of healthy foods eaten more often throughout the day have been shown to keep you full and help promote weight loss.
- Reduce your dairy intake. Dairy is loaded with fat content. I know it’s hard to give up cheese, but there are other lower-in-fat options. Read the labels and make good choices. Skim milk, almond milk, mozzarella cheese, feta cheese, and Greek yogurt are some good alternatives.
- Don’t skip breakfast. It turns out our parents were right, and breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Skipping breakfast can reduce your metabolic rate by 10%. As I pointed out in my introduction, I am older, therefore I need all the metabolic help I can get!
- Increase your Omega 3 intake. Omega 3s help burn fat. They increase our leptin hormone which helps with cravings. Aura Body offers our Omega Complete supplement. For more about Omega supplements, see my previous blog titled “Take This, Not That”.
- Start swimming! Swimming is great exercise! It promotes fat loss, lean muscles, boosts metabolism, and burns some serious calories! Plus, local readers, we live in Texas. It’s hot, a lot. Go for a swim!
- Add lemon to your water. Lemon’s have pectin in their skin and pectin has been shown to promote fat loss.
- It’s all about timing. Eat slowly. It takes 15-20 minutes for the food to reach the end of your small intestine where the “full” satiety hormones are released.
- Up your lean protein intake. Protein will help you feel full and you will be less tempted to overeat.
By implementing these 15 surprising fat loss tips in your day to day routine, you are sure to lose those stubborn pounds and ignite your weight loss. And if you are curious what else you can do, give me a call at Aura Body and lets work on it together!